Monday, 13 October 2008
I think it's time.
I'm done. Things have happened, my life has changed direction and I'm in a different place now. I'm very happy and I'm fine.
I'll still be in the cyberworld. I'll be here more than here.
It was fun and I enjoyed it. Time for other adventures and projects.
Tuesday, 24 June 2008
Wednesday, 4 June 2008
Can it suck more?
Things have been happening. Life is happening. All will be OK, but there are somethings that must be said.
- WTF do you think you're doing firing Totorella? And you're going to hire the mullet-headed guy because Tampa needs to be "sold" on hockey? Are you freaking deranged? WTF! Seriously.
- I don't mind pitching in to help, but I am tired of doing all the slightly difficult jobs that the rest of the team is afraid of. I would so love to do 50 expiration date and ad number changes everyday, but I never get the chance. Don't get me wrong, a challenging project every once in a while is fabulous, but not three in one week. Trying to get sales reps to agree on something is like hearding cats. I don't have enough pain pills left for this...
- I had to drive into Tampa today for an appointment on Dale Mabry. Did I really forget how terrible all you drivers are? I must have given the finger to at least a dozen morons before I even got over the Howard Franklin.
I am looking forward to the Hukilau next week. Thursday. I've already made arrangements for a martini luncheon with my pal Sue. Can't wait to be there.
Monday, 28 April 2008
Las Vegas Expedition
Just got back from a week's excursion in Las Vegas. I haven't been motivated to write much so I'm not sure how much I'll cover. I will tell you that we ate well every single night. I certifiably love martinis - vodka or gin or both together. We saw lots of beautiful rocks in Zion and Bryce Canyon. I still don't like gambling with money (I know, what's the point then?), but Lunchbox loves it.
It was a great vacation. Nothing planned out, sleeping in late, eating the BEST food. It was hard to go back to work today, but I'm glad I did it. Tomorrow would be worse.
Wednesday, 2 April 2008
I'm a star!
I'm a published photographer!
If you look here and scroll down to the Tampa Bay Lightning section, my photo is the top photo!
If you hover over it with your mouse, my photo appears at the top of the box on the right hand side. If you click on the photo in the box on the right, it will take you to my Flickr page!
I am so excited!
Because I was working late (again) and I did not get home before sunset, I missed the otter investigating the pond behind our house. Yes, one confirmed otter sighting. According to the man, it was pretty darn big too. I hope he comes back so I can see him for myself - like Bigfoot or a chupacabra.
The Forbidden Kingdom
Dear Gamera Spinning,
As I kindly rely on your postings for news in the entertainment industry that I may find entertaining, I was surprised that I could not find anything on the upcoming movie with Jackie Chan and Jet Li that looks like some kind of remake of "The Bride With White Hair."
Did I miss your post somewhere or have you not heard anything about this yet?
Tuesday, 25 March 2008
All I do is work. About 10 hours a day for the past two weeks. In this time of layoffs and cutbacks, I should not be whining and yet I am. I am tired. I have laundry to do and floors to mop and I just don't care. BUT I DO CARE. It bugs me to no end that I have no energy to clean the house. I am still working with the programmer on this new graphics program. I speak with him every day. Good thing he has a great sense of humor or this would really have been a tedious assignment. Bosslady is thinking of giving me a night shift so I can teach those that start work at 10pm. Apparently, there was a lack of training by a responsible party.
Around the neighborhood, another house has been finished and a new resident has moved in. From my kitchen window, I can see he has very little furniture, a TV on a TV tray and he likes basketball. What is he thinking? The Lightning actually DID NOT LOSE tonight. That is freakin' monumental lately. Just so you know, I have completely accepted Jeff Halpern, but I have reservations about Mike Smith. I miss Prospal. I don't think he's doing so well in Philly.
We went to AsheGlass Baby #2's birthday party on Saturday at the roller skating rink. I had some ideas in my head I would still be pretty kick-ass on a pair of skates, but it turns out I have a better relationship with my imagination than my reality. I'm going to blame the skating surface - cement instead of wood floor and a poorly maintained cement floor at that. The birthday girl wiped out in front of me and I tried not to clock her with my lack of ability. I made it past her but I went down on my left arm and my knees. Surprisingly, I have a small bruise on my right arm and no where else. I ache in my bones. I am old and non-elastic. It's sad.
Sunday, 16 March 2008
I haven't been posting in a while because I've been so busy. You name it, I've been doing it.
- I went out with my home girls Miss Beckie and Mrs. AsheGlass to the UFC at the Ice Palace. I enjoyed it a lot. I like watching fighting - doesn't really matter what kind of fighting. Thing I don't like is the blood spurting out everywhere. Beating the crap out of someone is OK as long as no one bleeds. (I know, I have strange rules.) I'm not sure if I'd go again only because I watched the jumbotron more than I watched the action in the octagon.
- I took a day off from work and went to the Strawberry Festival in Plant City with Venkman and Lunchbox. It sucked. I saw everything I needed to see in an hour. The reason we went was to see "The Smothers Brothers" and that almost made it better. It would have been great except that we got rained on and then it got cold, and then I ended up with a migraine. I'm sure it was mostly due to the evil sun and my lack of hat. Tommy and Dickie came out from "backstage" after the show and signed our beat up old records for me and Venkman. They are still political and very much enjoy entertaining. I'm glad I finally got to see them. My father-in-law is turning my vinyl digital for me so I can listen to them all the time. You have no idea how happy this makes me!
- I actually paid money to see the Lightning lose. Man, I hate that my team sucks, but we're not in last place. Second to last place is not last place. It may be "worst place" but it ain't last. But hey, the season isn't over yet.
- All my pals went to Gulf Wars last week. I hope they had fun. I want to go back one more time, but I hesitate since I'll be in a tent and have to go in a portajohn all week. We're going to go to Vegas instead. We'll be there for Earth Day this year. Last time we went during March Madness and the NASCAR convention. That was something I never want to do again. I got to design the cover of the GW17 book and the medallion as well. I was supposed to do the whole book, but I bought a house instead. I may be doing the book cover again next year, but only if I get to do it my way. I'm sure I'll know soon enough.
- Lunchbox went to NYC last week on business. I was not jealous of him until he texted me Friday night and told me he was at the Pierpont-Morgan Library looking at "The Medici Draftsmen" exhibit. I do believe I turned really, really green. I may have even stewed about it for a while. Being the fabulous spouse he is, he bought me FOUR fabulous books: "The Hours of Henry VIII," "The Hours of Louis XII," "Medieval Illuminators and Their Method of Work," and "The Book of Kings." He presented them very dramatically and when he got to the third book I was so overwhelmed I actually cried! He never has to buy me diamonds since books do the job very well.
- I am going to see Eddie Izzard with Bill and Sue at the Tampa Theatre! How cool is that?!
- We went to BARF - the Bay Area Renaissance Festival. It was the same fair I saw 10 years ago. Some of the shows were lame, but some of the characters were pretty cool. I took a bunch of photos I want to post, but I have this thing about posting my photos in chronological order. Once I get all my Italy pictures posted, I'll post the rest. I have no idea when that will be either.
- I love my new house. I can't imagine living anywhere else. I have discovered that me and the cat were allergic to the old house. My allergies are much less and the cat's fur is growing back from where he used to lick himself bald. Matter of fact, he's so comfortable now he acts like a different cat all together - chasing toys, more affectionate, more content. He loves to lay in the sun and will follow it all over the house just to sprawl in it. I feel a little guilty. We should have put in a new A/C system sooner. Who knew? Another good thing about this house - it's 900 sq. ft. bigger and our electric bill is HALF of what it used to be. Evertyhing is a little less here. Too bad I can't save money on gas. Bastards. I made my last car payment last week though. That's nice.
- Anyone want my cute, six-pound crazy psycho cat? She's annoying the crap out of me. I don't think I'm the right person to fulfill her needy needs. She needs someone who can pay attention to her all the time when she wants it and leave her alone when she can't stand being with you. I'm serious. She's neutered and vaccinated. What more could you want? Did I mention she's cute?
- I have been working a lot of hours. We are getting three new programs installed in the coming months. Good thing about that is that my company has programmers in house that write these things. I was elected to test out the graphics program for the art department. I was a little intimidated at first, but the programmer is very nice and can take a joke. I email him two or three times a day with problems I find, and he calls me back and we discuss them. So far, he has made two changes to the program at my request. I feel special! I have been writing a procedure on how to use this thing, and this week I have to train people with it. I am, again, intimidated by this. I'm sure once I sit down with the first person, I'll be less nervous. I feel very lucky to get this opportunity in a time of layoffs and cutbacks. I hope this means they think I'm worth keeping.
- My migraines are becoming more frequent. There has been a lot of change in my life and I thought I was taking it all in stride. Lots of good stuff, but lots of stressing stuff as well. At least my drugs are still magical and work well.
Friday, 29 February 2008
I laid on my belly to take this.
I took this last Friday evening. Actually, I took 75 photos of the sunset. This is one of the nicer ones. I chose it so you could see the houses going up around the pond. When we bought this house, there were five homes less! Sooner than later this will be filled with houses and backyards. For now, it's so open you can see all the way to the tree line. I try to watch the sunset as often as I can. It's pretty darn spectacular every time I see it.
The sun has set but the color remains.